Saturday, June 25, 2011

So Many Queers...So Little Community

Ladies. Gentlemen. Lesbians. Gays. Dykes. Fags. Drags. Kings. Queens. Trans. Bois. Studs. Butch. Femme. Bi. Queers.

What I propose is not radical thinking. But it needs to be addressed. There are so many queers in Orange County. But they seem to all be in hiding, ducking underneath the Orange Curtain, playing quaint games of hide-and-seek with not only the Conservatives that sneer at us, but worse, with each other. Let's face it, in comparison with the other major metropolises, Los Angeles, Long Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, etc, we are but an ink speck on the queer community scale. Agreed? Great. Now we can change it.

I read once, "Do you know what it takes to change the world? You just have to figure out what you really believe in, and then find other people who feel the same way. The only thing you have to do alone is decide what is important to you."

You are important to me. We are important to me.

We shouldn't have to hold our collective breath waiting to bask in the rainbow rays of Pride celebrations of other distant cities. We have some amazing, beautiful, talented, more than capable people right here. (And probably some single and available ones if we look hard enough.)

I have figured out what I believe in, what I am passionate about. Help me change the world. Locally, at least.

Now, I need your help.

If you agree, if feel as I feel, if you are just as passionate about community as I am - Contact Me.

Let's make something happen. I can't do this alone. Send me ideas. Send me thoughts. Send me rants. Let's arrange to meet, exchange ideas, volunteer in the community, set up events. Rainbows have no limitations.

Cheers.

Jaz.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment