Saturday, June 25, 2011

Introductions

Let’s start things off with introductions, shall we? At the very least, I will be a good hostess for the duration of your stay here at queerbites.

My name is Jaz. A self-identified Queer living in the wonderful, fun-filled world of sunny Orange County. I use the word queer because it is all inclusive. We are all queers. Me. You. The Drag Queen at Hamburger Mary’s in Long Beach. The Transman sitting in his cubicle sneaking a peek at this page. The Lesbian dancing on the counter at Truck Stop in Los Angeles. The curious Bisexual teenager. The Bear at the leather convention. The MtF drinking a skinny latte. The Boi shopping at Express and having trouble finding something to hide her curves. The handsome Stud walking hand-in-hand with her high Femme. The Twink dancing up a storm in his pink lace panties. Yes, all of us.

Queer.

And we all have voices that want to tell our stories and our points of view. Although we all have very different backgrounds, and desires, and orientations and displays of masculinity and femininity, we all have one thing in common - ready for it?

The desire to be accepted as equals.

And so, here, now, with the power vested in me via the World Wide Web, I dub you all Equals in queerdom. I want a multitude of voices to ring forth and tell our stories. And in that endeavor, I can begin with telling mine. And how I see things. That really is the only story I am qualified to tell after all.

I’ve lived in Orange County all of my life. I’ve been Out for maybe 5 years. I’ve identified as a Bisexual, a Lesbian, a Boi, a Butch and currently, I've taken a liking to the term Soft Butch. But the funny thing about labels is, they never fully encompass the idea that your are trying to communicate with others.

I am a woman. A writer. A dog lover. And an obsessive health and fitness nut. I am determined to discover whatever queer scene does exist here in Orange County, and I will report my findings here. Also, I will chronicle my attempts to create and promote a healthy queer community and lifestyle.

Leave comments. Have fun. Be opinionated. Learn something. Teach something. But know, that we are in this together. Keep it positive and keep it Queer.

No comments:

Post a Comment